Skip to main content

This morning at...

Its 0649. I'm sat on the one sofa in the house that looks out of a window. There is not much of a view to speak of- an empty house, the road.. the big bird poo splash on the window (always happens in between the window cleaner cleaning and when he turns up to be paid).

I have a light on (come on jet stream do your thing).

I have an open book by my side and an empty coffee cup on the floor.

I'm sat in a big old woollen cardigan that makes me feel both warm and a little like Grace out of Waking the Dead.

I'm contemplating the day ahead- meeting in school this morning, I'm gearing up to be forceful in defence of some other people. Then its an Olympics meeting.. not with LOGOC but with local youth workers, then its all about the end of year event for our youth project. The day finishes with a celebration of the a new role for a friend.

Its quiet. I enjoy the quiet.

These are the moments for me which set me up, where with food and drink for body, mind and mystery I am nourished for the day ahead.

Life is good.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thank you for me to have the honour to read this excellent post. From the glog i know that
in the wedding moment, the host shoule pay a lot of attention in the detail like the bride
should wear proper bridal jewelry set with matchable freshwater pearl bracelet, also shoule carefully choose pearl pendant and the find pearl ring .

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on