Skip to main content

Things I'm Thinking About

Its Friday morning: my day off.
Its also a day off after quite a strange week. I have spent quite a bit of time in reflective study: looking at what I have done over the last 22 months. And so coming to this morning doesn't quite have that sense of downtime that it often does. However, being more rested and finally coming up from under the ear infection means I have lots swimming round my head.

Heres just a sample:

Leadership styles- my continuing wrestling with the pressure to be nice to people, when actually I want them to encounter Jesus.

Boundaries- linked to styles but a real ongoing thought challenge.

Tools of discipleship...

Possible Masters dissertation subjects

Whether Amazon debit Prime trial from your account just in case or whether I have Olympic tickets on their way.

What time it is acceptable to call one's parents..

When I will be well enough to exercise..

What the other book I ordered from Amazon was..

Whether the arrival of the package woke my housemate up..

That I should do the washing up.


Just thought I'd share!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on