Skip to main content

Bored!

And so that time has come round again. About every six months I get bored. Its not a short attention span, its not that I don't care about things or people, its just that my brain and life has fully absorbed the last new thing and so is hungry for some new challenge.

This is problematic. There are some new challenges that you can just add in (last year, new diet, running etc etc).. but there are others which impact the other people around you. I'm sure its really upsetting for people who have just caught hold of an idea to find the touter of the idea has moved on.

I'm sat on a Saturday night surrounded by materials to help me prep for tomorrow. And yet I'm restless for something else to get my teeth into. At the same time I know that I have to sustainably hand things over, I can give up running without hassle but I can't give up on after school study support.. I can change my hair but I can't change the service times..

And so I'm caught in the middle.. feeling mildly sorry for myself.

I think this is why people have crazy hobbies.. we take them up to stop us killing people's involvement. They are the safe things we can pick up and discard without damaging people.

So maybe this post is a very longwinded way of saying that I need a new hobby!

In other news- little miracle in my church this week.. that still makes me smile.

Comments

liz h said…
I believe the time has come for you to learn to knit.
Not only are there endless new things to get your teeth into, but it helps to relax.
You can be competitive about it, obsessive, set yourself unbelievably ambitious goals or do small things. When it comes right down to it, its just sticks and string and one very long slip knot, but there is so much potential for channelling all the frustrations of life into something productive.
When you get bored of one thing, just start something else.
P.S. You (and your friends) will be warmer as a result
Anonymous said…
I was going to say crochet...perhaps the Lord is leading you to wool based hobbies!

Love Jo

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on