Skip to main content

Diet and Fitness: the update

Well, I have been doing this diet thing for maybe seven or eight weeks now. And there are some results: I have lost about 15lbs, and feel decided fitter already.

Exercise took a blow over Christmas- and isn't helped by ice everywhere- but we fight on, and I might even invest in some more personal training sessions!

I am a third of the way there- which is the first milestone made- I wanted to lose a stone by Christmas and have made it. The next targets are:
to no longer be obese on the BMI- maybe one or two pounds away
to get to the half way mark- six pounds away
to make the two thirds marker by Ash Wednesday
to break a magic pounds marker (as yet to be disclosed but a wee way to go)

Its going to get harder from here on in. I think stone two will go via exercise- stone three will take a more radical diet I think.. all the low fat that I can manage!

But I am very up for the challenge...

Comments

Carla said…
Well done honey, it takes strength of mind to change lifestyle... I totally suck at it. Allow me to salute you and cheer you on for the next stage :)
Karen said…
Keep going Jude! You are doing brilliantly!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on