Skip to main content

A Good Day Off..

Days off in this job are somehow sacred. There is something about only officially having one day off a week that makes that day special. Sometimes I feel the pressure to do something 'special' with it. Not today: today I just enjoyed.

After a lie in I got up and had a good healthy breakfast. Headed to the gym: watched the blimp over Headingley, but by the time I got to the gym a wicket had gone, I then saw 4 more go before I left. (Maybe thats how we should measure exercise?)

Drove back and spent much of the afternoon starting what feels like a mammoth gardening clear up. The front looks a bit better now and tomorrow's job is to get the back ready for the three big jobs that mum and dad will help with next week. I am toying with the idea of having a bonfire, but really don't want to annoy the neighbours.

I also made twice baked potato. I have no idea what they will be like when unfrozen but they are getting rid of some of the many spuds I have just now.

And now I am slumped in front of the telly. A good day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on