Skip to main content

revision and the noble art of avoidance!

Bless me blog readers for I have sinned (in fact am sinning right now). It is fifteen years since my last essay based exam.

I confess that I am in the course of the last three and next seven days, trying my best to avoid the activity known to be saintly among students: namely that of revision. I have indulged in the following activities already:

Shopping (ASDA, for pressies for people... all very worthy)
Church (technically not a sin in real life but possibly here)
Tea (see above)
More tea
More tea still
Ironing (serious sin coming)
Watching 20 Greatest Christmas Hits!
Watching 100 Greatest Christmas Moments!!

I will indulge in the following sinful pursuits in the next few days:

Spooks... (woo)
Driving 200 miles to Leeds
More tea (this time with a Bishop.. not quite a cardinal sin but..)
More driving
Maybe getting caught in the snow
Maybe trying to write an essay instead of revising
Oh, and this.. blogging..

Its not good..

Comments

Michael said…
May I suggest a healthy walk? You can convince yourself that it will clear your head and help you work better when you return; but in reality it can waste hours!
Jude said…
Ooh a healthy walk..

Good call.

Today I drove for four hours for a forty minute meeting.. now thats procrastination!

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on