Skip to main content

Gordon and the non...

I thought I would write about this rather than penning an emotional tribute to our rugby boys, the brave warriors of France and other things that might send my Kiwi housemate over the edge.

So Gordon has said no..

Which on one level seems a little bit wimpy.

But is also incredibly sensible if you aen't sure you can win and you still have two years to play with.

Which is encouraging in a prime minister.

And shows that maybe he's telling the truth when he says its not about spin.

It may also be very very canny. Because its flushed out the trump cards in the Tory manifesto. Their playing with the only godly tax in the country and whatever else they announced now have a good few months to be shown up as the crass and possible incalculable sums they really are.

By which time Gordon will have come up with an out of Iraq plan, stabilised worries post Northern Rock (if the US pulls its finger out!), and will have shown us what a good geezer he is in a full session of Parliament.

That combined with 12-10, and a French win (yes we'll all feel ashamed in the morning but we were all rooting for France!)makes for a very happy Saturday!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on