Skip to main content

Change of Title

the more astute of you will have noticed the change from eludes to defines.. not sure its very apt- but..
It occurred to methat Creatuvity doesn't really elude me (it did in titling the blog but in very little else). In fact I find myself trying to find places where I can work out my creativity more and more. Maybe thats what eludes me: places to be creative. I've been pondering this a bit cos I'm not what you might call conventionally creative (its never really been poured into one thing). Its not like I can join a band, or an art group (I could but I think I'd feel a bit hemmed in.)

Blah..

Maybe I should just spend some time thinking of more creative ways to gaze intently at my own navel!!

Comments

Sipech said…
If you make it up to Lancashire sometime, you should try sitting in Alina's art project!

I find a woodland at sunrise is nice.
Liz said…
hmm... use fibre-optic tubing :oD
resa said…
when?
resa said…
march preferably after the 3rd, middle or end. whenever. you're always welcome.
Kate John said…
mareike you are echoing the words of some very famous and important 20th Century artist guy called joseph beauys or something like that(he's so famous i don't know his name) who said that every human being is creative because the most creative thing anyone can do is live

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on