Skip to main content

Scotland the brave!

Scotland is a land that I have mostly seen at night this weekend.

Its been a crazy one.. arrived late on Friday night to find Jeff with a new haircut (scuse photos.. forgot camera!)

Drove the hour and a bit to the infamous Crieff pad (big ole farmhouse with an aga and everything). Had tea and toast and retired to bed.. got up and did a funding consultancy (which paid for me to get to and from.. yay). Got back with ten minutes to get ready to go out in Edinburgh.

Which is lovely, as was the very schmoosy restaurant! Nice dinner..

Took a little walk along Princes Street (Sir Walter Scott.. famous for????), back in the van to Crieff.. un peu de sleep: back up and now in Edinburgh airport!! (well I was when I drafted this!!)

Its been light for about half an hour of my traveling. Which means that I know that Scotland has sheep (they glow a little in the early morning light), rain (mainly horizontal), a big sci-fi looking power station, and more stars than England (Ewan, Sean etc).

In all seriousness though, just in the half light of yesterday morning there was something about the space of the farm that awoke something really creative in me. I felt much more inspired than I had for ages. I guess all just a reminder of allowing myself enough space to be inspired…

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on