Skip to main content

Home

Well having finally gotten rid of the slightly oversized bits of lymphatic stuff in my throat, I'm home.. with a big hole in the back of my mouth. Which conveniently my body has filled with goo..

I'm ok... apparently I have this very amusing rhythm to my life which is entirely dictated by when I last had pain relief! At the moment I'm half way through- but have taken less codeine so am a bit groggy.

What else to say- hospital was interesting. All was going very well till they turned the lights out whereupon my fellow patients turned into vomit, wee and any other smelly substance producers. Have a new found respect for nurses who must have changed about six beds, ten commodes and many more kidney bowls. I reduced myself to iPod heaven!!!

Suffice to say it is lovely being home. Lucy and Kate are doing a fantastic nursing job (including laughing each time I suggest I can do something, usually in a drug induced high that lasts about five minutes). As I tap away roast dinner is cooking which I have to say I am very much looking forward to. Might indulge in some West Wing later- last night's film was Dirty Dancing... back to the days of my youth! Don't forget folks: "no-one puts Baby in a corner!"

So all in all am recovering well. God seems to have made my email go down (home email anyway), probably good to stop me working..

More soon.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on