Skip to main content

Calm before the storm

Its been a very crazy week. In three and a bit hours I'm off to Youthwork the Conference to run a prayer room and do a few other bits and pieces. Preparing and stuff has been hectic, but into the middle of yesterday I got a little insight into what it means to be led beside still waters; to have my soul restored.

For a start my main email went down yesterday morning (if you need to get intouch sorry- use my 247 address). In some ways frustrating but actually has allowed some space where I don't have to answer anything. Did some training with the local interns as usual, and hung out for an hour or so over lunch (during which time God sorted out my team for this weekend, after I had decided I should stop trying!)

Then I was scheduled to go see Bridget Jones 2. We pottered along, but alas, the techie people had mucked up and so it would be an hour later! We ended up going bowling and (for me at least) switching off. By the time i got to the film I was relaxed and ready to enjoy. By the way, its a great girlie film. Though I did spend about 40% of it behind my hands cringeing....

A few other things followed (some more stressy than others), but just in that couple of hours God had led beside still waters. I was still moving (think He knows if I stop just now it would be a bad idea!), but there was refreshment there. I'm grateful, and I highly recommend it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on