Skip to main content

My oscar speech

It just occurred to me that my friends are amazing. So i thought I would give some webspace to big them up with just some highlights. It all sounds a bit like an oscar speech... so out with the hankies as I say thank you to:

Flan- for turning up excitedly on a bike and borrowing allen keys (which makes me feel very grown up, why do I have a full set?)

Tim H- for making my house smell of nice unidentified food (really like the waft of the banana thing.. though after three days was wondering why it didn't go away)

Rach- for making me laugh out loud several times in inappropriate places (all hail MSN!!)

Tim M- for always making tea

Kate- for the hilarious drama schoool exercises, for letting me whinge and for the smelliest dog in the world!

Ali- for crying at films in all the right places..

Jess- for reminding us that they are just films.. wait till your wedding- we'll be in floods

Flan- for so nearly falling in the Cam, for those crazy late night directions to Kidderminster.. for the West Wing (half way through series three!!)

Luce- for assuring me I'm not going mad..

Rach- for being intuitive and diplomatic and generally brilliant- and for being crazy rat lady!

Tim H- for that little freaky moment when I thought you were asleep in the house (aaargh the open bathroom door trauma).

Michael- for being Michael.

I've missed some people and as I type I'm realising that actually my friends are great just for being them and for letting me be me. Thanks guys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on