Skip to main content

The Spirit is willing..

But the body is weak..

Most of you who know me will know that I have been getting more and more poorly recently. I’m now at the point where my ears and throat are painful all the time and I have not quite enough energy to get through the average day (and certainly not enough to do all the things I would like to do!)

Before I fall into a huge amount of self pity, its gotten me to thinking: I wonder how often God feels this way. I know he probably doesn’t get ear ache but I wonder how often the spirit is willing but the weakness of the body stops things happening.

I wonder if God gets frustrated that all the spirit inspired ideas and plans and dreams stumble when the body (the church) is ill and weak? And I wonder what he does with that- do the dreams just die or do they passed on to someone or something that can do it?

I wonder?

Comments

jeff said…
I think some times He asks some one else to do things... Like when God wanted some to befriend Yassa Arafat he sent a 70 year old man, but i think that just may be he asked some else to do it first, so one who lives closer, or understood the culture more or even some one who spoke the language... but may be they all said no, - too scared, too busy, too hurt, too tired, too anything really...

other times He asks us to do things (the church that is) and when we don't listen or don't say yes, it just gets put on hold etc, and thats really sad, i often wonder how many times we have prayed for God's Spirit to really change places, to come and give people freedom - and thats something Jesus loves doing, and He's said yes... and do this to release it, and the church just hasn't.
or we've asked him to help in places, and He's sent us to do it, but we keep on praying, because we expect Jesus to send someone else.

i think it really grieves God sometimes.

sorry... that was pretty long... was thoughtful

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on