Skip to main content

Batmen

A couple of murmurs (well actually a fully fledged rant!) about the Batman on Buck House thing. First up congrats to the Sun on their headline.. great pun!! (The Times version of same idea.. not funny..) Go to http://news.bbc.co.uk for the full thing!

The whole fuss about 'what if it were a terrorist' to me is just bilge. On a slightly facetious note: how many terrorists dress up as camp heroes? On a similar vein but more serious: has no-one noticed that Al-Qaeeda do not appear to have bought into our celebrity obsessed culture. Please do correct me cos I'm not totally certain but I do not believe that they have ever been involved in the deliberate murder of a famous person over and above anyone else.

Al-Qaeeda, whilst I do not back their actions in any way, seem to have a far more healthy view of life than any of us. Anyone could be a victim, and whilst that is harsh it doesn't buy into our western world view that one life is more important than another. In fact our view that a western life is worth more than one from the developing world seems to be what is getting us into trouble in the first place.

The reality is that we would simply be more embarrassed should one of our dignitaries be attacked. It would create more press, and once again our facistic media would be able to make us more fearful, creating more votes for those who perpetuate the inequality of life theory that means its OK for us to kill innocents.. (maybe including the guy who just wants to see his kids!!!)

Rant over.

Comments

jeff said…
wow.
thats reminded me about an ex ira member who left the ira saying that it wasn't right to bomb innocent people ie. babies and ladies.

but then some one quoted back a rather true quote...

"the purpose of terrorism is to terrorise."

not to punish the wrong people - but to terrorise.

Popular posts from this blog

Remembering What I Enjoy..

Occasionally I forget things. Some stuff like birthdays, names and stuff is a normal human thing, and I don't sweat it so much. But I also forget some other stuff which is not so good. I forget what I enjoy. I don't know how it happens but it does from time to time. And its at these moments that I need a bit of help remembering. So- this is a request for help. What do I enjoy doing? What gives me joy? Leave me a comment.

A Broadside: *plot spoiler* for Tory sympathisers

Today some alarming social equality data was released. It said what we all know: if you are poor, you have less opportunities in life. For every £100 a month less income than the median you start school one month behind developmentally. Your vocabulary aged 5 is half what it is for a rich kid if you are in the bottom ten percent of income. Housing tenure stats are even worse. "Only 4 per cent of those of working age living in social housing have degrees, and nearly half have no or only low qualifications. Only half of men and 42 per cent of women of working age living in social housing are in paid work, compared with 89 per cent of men and 81 per cent of women in households with a mortgage." Social housing: by its nature, is grouped (london people ignore this, you are the freaks not the norm). That means that we have allowed ghettoes of poverty and low attainment (not just in a SATS way either). Now it would be easy, and some daft Tory has already done it, to pin this on